The unheated olive oil is produced from ripe olives of the Koroneiki variety, processed with real cold pressing and gives us a unique and special product, with a sweet taste, it has more antioxidant properties from the common olive oil and a high content of phenols and this is due to its special processing ( unheated ). It provides us with monounsaturated fatty acids, vitamin E and many other benefits for our health.
After many attempts and many trials along the way, we understood that to achieve truly unheated extra-virgin olive oil (olive juice), it was not enough just to pay attention to the soil and our trees. We had to pay special attention to the management of the olive fruit in the olive mill.
Thus, we ended up building our own prototype oil mill and implementing a process, which briefly includes the following 9 important stages:
- The olives are getting collected at the appropriate stage of ripening.
- The elaboration of olive fruit is done on the harvest day
- Defoliation and washing of olive fruit with clean water
- Fragmentation of olive fruit in hammer mill with 800 rpm
- Kneading in closed airtight kneader (without heating).
- The export and separation of the natural juice, take place in our own oil mill built by us ( revolutionary patent ) without the addition of any hot or cold water, with vertical centrifugation at 1300 rpm.
- The unheated natural olive juice will be stored in small airtight stainless steel tanks per variety. E.g. (wild olive-oil, unripe olive-oil, olive-oil). Thus it keeps all its phenols, polyphenols and vitamins unchanged.
- Low acidity which always varies lower than 0,2%.
- Finally, it will be bottled with great care in dark glass bottles of 250ml so that it reaches the consumer, a product of the highest quality and low acidity, which has preserved all its natural, quality and nutritional components.
The annual production of our fruit juice is very small. It is bottled, with care, in black bottles in order to be protected by the sun and in packages of 250ml.
It has a rich creamy texture, it has a fruity taste and all the aromas of a freshly cut ripe koroneiki olive.
We never have enough quantity to meet the demand.
For those of you who have high standards of nutritional value and want to dress even your salad with unheated unripe olive oil or olive oil with high phenols and polyphenols, with orange, mandarin and lemon flavor, you will find it here at AGROIL