Unheated wild olive-oil (processed with real cold pressing) is produced from wild olives found in unspoiled areas of Etoloakarnani land, amidst wild vegetation. Harvesting the fruits is very difficult and is done by hand. This product is fully organic , because the wild olives grow and thrive in the free nature and without any care, away from other crops and possible pesticide contamination.
With natural characteristics: Spicy with a bitter taste.
It is very rich in polyphenols and phenols that protect against the oxidation of blood lipids, rich in sterols (mainly b-sitosterol) and fatty acids, mainly oleic acid (omega-9), linolenic acid (omega-3) and linoleic acid (omega-6).
Characteristic is its content in antioxidant substances, such as tocopherols (vitamin E), vitamin C, carotenoids (beta-carotene, xanthophyll), phenols and polyphenols, it also contains a large percentage of oleuropein, oleocanthal and oleasin that are present in the bitter fruit of the wild olive and they confer valuable antioxidant properties, with significant biological activity and unlimited health benefits.
A very interesting product with huge benefits for health, as some substances of oleocanthal and oleocine have important biological action and anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, cardioprotective and neuroprotective capacities have been attributed to them. A very promising product with rich phenols, omega 3 and omega 6 with tremendous exporting abilities.
After a lot of efforts and tests in our procedure, we realised that in order to achieve real unheated olive-oil ( olive juice ), our care for the land and the trees was not enough. We had to pay special attention to the management of olive fruit in our olive-oil factory. Thus, we resulted in the construction of our own model olive-oil factory and to apply a process which, in brief, includes the following 7 important stages :
Thus, we ended up building our own prototype oil mill and implementing a process, which briefly includes the following 9 important stages:
- The olives are getting collected at the appropriate stage of ripening.
- The elaboration of olive fruit is done on the harvest day
- Defoliation and washing of olive fruit with clean water
- Fragmentation of olive fruit in hammer mill with 800 rpm
- Kneading in closed airtight kneader (without heating).
- The export and separation of the natural juice, take place in our own oil mill built by us ( revolutionary patent ) without the addition of any hot or cold water, with vertical centrifugation at 1300 rpm.
- The unheated natural olive juice will be stored in small airtight stainless steel tanks per variety. E.g. (wild olive-oil, unripe olive-oil, olive-oil). Thus it keeps all its phenols, polyphenols and vitamins unchanged.
- Low acidity which always varies lower than 0,2%.
- Finally, it will be bottled with great care in dark glass bottles of 250ml so that it reaches the consumer, a product of the highest quality and low acidity, which has preserved all its natural, quality and nutritional components.
The results of residual checkings of the final products reveal the following 4 ( in comparison ) advantages :
- High proportions of antioxidants, polyphenols, carotenoids, vitamin E, chlorophyll, and very rich in phenols, omega 3 and omega 6.
- Absence of phthalic compounds ( plasticised ) which are responsible for a lot of suffering of the environment and humanity ( see feminization, hormonal disruption…).
- Low acidity which varies from 0,1 to 0,2%
- Absence of plant protection chemicals.
The daily consumption should be a tablespoon 8ml raw, every day on an empty stomach. The 250ml bottle is enough for a month’s use ( 30-35 days ).
The annual production of our fruit juice is very small. It is bottled, with care, in black bottles in order to be protected by the sun and in packages of 250ml.
It has a rich creamy texture, has a fruity taste and all the aromas of freshly cut wild olives.
We never have enough quantity to meet the demand.